Blog - Nathaniel Harrington

Saturday, October 20, 2012

At Work...


Self Portrait. 
Hahah. Oh man... how would you feel about being chased around all day long by a guy who looks like me? I feel like I'm somewhere between Irish and Surfer, just got lost in that transition somewhere. 

So! My New JOB!!! Kinda a big deal.. :) 
For the past few days I have been taking photos of folks going out on snorkel trips with the pacific whale foundation. My goal is to capture those priceless moments and send them home with images they would never be able to capture themselves, portraits underwater. It's been such a challenge for me to begin figuring this one out... I have the privilege of creating the program for the foundation so it's kinda up to me on how these things go. Crazy huh? I'm poor at business.. I just think everyone should go home with a million photos for facebook. Anyways, It has been one of the biggest challenges of my life but I am loving every minute of it. 

Here are a few images that I shot today while in the water with the passengers. 



I sometimes wonder how many people will ever get this view. 40ft under the surface really isn't that deep considering that people can dive 300ft + under the surface. But, its still quite a challenge and I don't see many people getting these views, so i thought i'd share. 


Taco Blast! 
This Octopus didn't want his photos taken so he blasted me a good one and dipped out of there. His techniques worked too! this was the last any of us saw of him. 


I'm pretty sure this is the same eal I've been shooting photos of for the past few days. He's not to scared to go swimming around in the day. 



And lastly.. I didn't see a honu today but I did get to see this spotted eagle ray. 
He was just swimming out of there... going to some place I couldn't follow. One shot was good enough for me. 

I love my new job!! such a blessing. 
I look forward to the next day I work. 

thanks for checkin in!! 
-nh

No comments: