Blog - Nathaniel Harrington

Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Rarest Find.


Check this out, a Hawaiian Monk Seal! 

I was out shooting photos the other day when this guy buzzed me! I had just filled up my lungs to go to the bottom to photograph a turtle when I caught it out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see what it was and about the same time it turned to see what I was! It did a little dance for me and then continued on its way.. so neat! I hear that there are about 1,200 of these in the whole world, it is the rarest animal I have ever photographed. I feel pretty lucky to have had such an opportunity to get not just this one shot but an entire sequence of it swimming past me. I think I have 22 photos of it total? Its a really cool sequence. 

Anyways, thanks as always for checkin in! 

-nh

No comments: